This is a free Customer Service Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. You can get professional resume help at Resumescentre.com . You can track current salary range at Salary Reposts page . This professional resume sample template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Customer Service Job.
Customer Service Job Description
- Can delight customers, above and beyond the call of duty.
- Has intimate knowledge of the customer’s needs
- Has empathy for the customer’s situation
- Is able to communicate clearly, both written and in speech
- Talks in a way the customer can understand
- Has a “thick skin” and is able to handle complaints, even when handling unpleasant customers
- Works accurate and with eye for detail
- Handles in the best interest of both customer and company
- Is able to use automated information systems to analyze the customer’s situation
- Is able to suggest improvements to the various communications by the company (eg. website, FAQ, etc)
- Has a pleasant, friendly style
- Is willing to build a long-term relationship with the customer (not a “job-hopper”)
Sample Customer Service Resume Template
In this section, you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
- Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example, a Management Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Customer Service
A management position with a company that will utilize previous experience and skills to meet business objectives and support commitments to customer service, employee development, and continuous improvement.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example a Customer Service can add his/her career achievements like,
- Received ´Rising Star Award´ 11/2006 for Excellence in Performance.
- For a 6 month period, supervised the E-Commerce dept, improved notification period, order turnaround time.
- Review metrics (handle time, calls taken, AUX/ACW time, adherence and QA scores.) monthly to identify strength areas and those requiring coaching.
- Supervised QA team – calibrated scores, ensured uniform scoring.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Customer Service applying for a job would look like,
Customer Service Supervisor
ABB Optical, Faridabad, 2006-Present
- Directly coach and supervise 15 inbounds CSRs (5 telecommuters), the PM Supervisor and indirectly supervise 15 PM CSRs.
- Reduced call abandonment rate from over 4% to less than 1%.
- Review recorded calls with CSRs to ensure quality and accuracy–develop a plan of action on recurring issues.
- On-going training to empower CSRs with ability and knowledge to provide one call resolution.
- Develop incentive programs to encourage peak performance from CSRs and inspire teamwork.
- Prepare and administer 90-day introductory and annual reviews
Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Glantz & Glantz, Faridabad, 2003-2005
- Developed and implemented quality assurance standards for customer service department.
- Train, supervise, coach, monitor and provide feedback for a team of 15 customer service representatives.
- Monitoring includes tracking and improving call handle time, productivity, adherence, and quality.
- Developed incentive programs to enhance productivity and maintain quality.
- Facilitate segments of weekly team meetings.
- Prepare and administer monthly performance reviews.
AT&T Wireless Services, Faridabad, 2001-2002
- Provide inbound customer service for the national customer base.
- A consistent top producer with saving ratio, phone time, and schedule adherence.
- Retain customers; discourage customers from disconnecting wireless service.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex billing, technical issues, and customer complaints.
- Appointed to mentor program, assisting new hires and tenured reps with adherence issues.
- Received numerous awards including Spirit of Excellence winner 2nd quarter 2002, certificates and customer commendations.
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backward. For example, a Customer Service who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
Rajasthan University, Jaipur, 1999
- Diploma In Basic Computer
COM-MATICS, Jodhpur, 2000
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example, a Customer Service could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any