This is a free Insurance Customer Service Resume example that covers objectives and tips to gets you the best job. This professional resume template with action words will help you in writing perfect CV for the desired Insurance Customer Service Job.
Insurance Customer Service Job Description
- Check to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Compare disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices, and prepare invoices for returned goods.
- Complete contract forms, prepare change of address records, and issue service discontinuance orders, using computers.
- Confer with customers by telephone or in person in order to provide information about products and services, to take orders or cancel accounts, or to obtain details of complaints.
- Contact customers in order to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results and any planned adjustments.
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, and/or arrange for billing.
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes, such as extreme weather conditions that could increase utility bills.
- Order tests that could determine the causes of product malfunctions.
- Recommend improvements in products, packaging, shipping, service, or billing methods and procedures in order to prevent future problems.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Resolve customers’ service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, and adjusting bills.
- Review claims adjustments with dealers, examining parts claimed to be defective and approving or disapproving dealers’ claims.
- Review insurance policy terms in order to determine whether a particular loss is covered by insurance.
- Solicit sale of new or additional services or products.
Sample Insurance Customer Service Resume Template
In this section you have to include your Name, current home address, Mobile telephone number, Landline telephone number and your personal email address which is currently used.
- Full name
- Present and permanent addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Email address
Professional or career objective
Your objective is the one that clearly underlines your aims and aspirations in that profession. For example a Commerce Graduate will have to write an objective which is concise and precisely speaks about his role that he wants to play in the Organization.
Sample Objective for Insurance Customer Service Resume
To obtain a responsible and challenging position with a progressive company where my work experience will have valuable application and utilization of my opportunity for advancement.
If you have any major Career Achievements or any Appreciation then this is the section where they should be listed. For Example an Insurance Customer Service can add his/her career achievements like,
- Processed and reviewed credit applications for future customers.
- Maintained collections on delinquent accounts.
- Conducted training for new representatives as assigned.
- Received numerous letters of recommendation, and appreciation from customers, and management.
Previous work experience plays an important role while applying for a Job and hence it should be well presented in the resume. Most of the questions during your resume will be related to the previous job that you had and hence you should be well prepared for it. You should begin with putting the name of the organization that you worked for, the duration of your work and the post or the designation at which you were working. After this, you can effectively place points in a bulleted format that talk about the responsibilities and the achievements that you may have achieved during your stay at the previous organization. The work experience of an experienced Insurance Customer Service applying for a job would look like,
Insurance Customer Service Resume
Bharat Auto Loans, Jodhpur, 2006-Present
- Reviewed credit applications and processed loans as assigned
- Responsible for high volume of daily cash allowances and deposits
- Provided customer support to current and future clients
- Provided quality control in conjunction with training
Customer Service Representative
Rainbow Cellular, Jaipur, 2004-2005
- Acts as a technical resource by providing input and support to leadership for utilization of quality audits
- Set up calling plans and exceeded company sales goals
- Upon approval reviewed and processed credit applications
- Initiated outbound collection calls to customers with past due accounts and negotiate payment settlements
Senior Team Leader
The Taj Group, Delhi, 2000-2003
- Customer service oriented company
- Handled supervisor calls and researched customer financial issues on a daily basis
- Responsible for training, monitoring, and supervising entry level representatives
- Always maintained and exceeded standards of excellent quality and productivity
- Responsible for quality control as assigned
Senior Customer Service Representative
T&T Universal Card, 1998-1999
- Maintained a high level of productivity in a fast-paced inbound call center
Initiated collection calls and set up payment arrangements on delinquent accounts
- Responsible for the resolution and investigations of fraudulent charges
Education and Certification
The academic details need to be mentioned in a tabulated format with respect to the degrees or the courses that the candidate would have undertaken in the past. The latest degree or course comes first followed by the last completed course and hence forth going backwards. For example an Insurance Customer Service who has completed post graduation or graduation course is applying for a Job or to a company or an organization then his/her details would be like,
Jai Narayan Vyas University, Jodhpur, 1997
- Diploma in General Insurance
Divya Institute of Commerce
If you have won any competitions national or international then they could also be highlighted here. For example an Insurance Customer Service could lay stress on any exams that he may have given or any seminars or conferences attended. If you are a part of any honorary society or any nonprofit organization then that could also be added here.
The honors and the activities section of an Insurance Customer Service would look like,
- Member of the State Football Assosiation, Rajasthan, 1997.
- Awarded best Footballer by the state government, 1999.
- Attended seminar on General Insurance at Berlin, 2006.
The References are generally required so that your present employer can gauge you through the eyes of the people who you were associated with or have worked for. So your teachers or college professors’ details could be placed here. Or your past employer who you would have worked under can also be used as a reference. Ensure that the people whose names you enter know you well and do inform them that you are placing their names as reference because many companies call to confirm. For example the references section of an Insurance Customer Service could also look like,
Bharat Auto Loans
Salary Range of an Insurance Customer Service
- The average salary received is approximately Rs. 17000 per month. This works out to an annual pay package of 2 Lakhs to 2.25 Lakhs per annum CTC.
- The salary from an American perspective works out to be $6000 per Month.
Note: This salary may be variable and it may change from organization to organization.
Frequently asked Insurance Customer Service Interview Question
- If you had your choice of jobs and companies, where would you go?
- Why do you want to work for us?
- What was the last book you read? Movie you saw? Sporting event you attended?
- What are you doing, or what have you done to reach your career objectives?
- What was wrong with your last company?
- What was wrong with your last company?
- What would you do for us?
- Give examples of your leadership abilities.
- What are your career goals?
- Tell me about the most difficult customer you have ever handled? And how?